We have had many visitors and have been working diligently on moving things forward here.
We had a team from Covenant UMC in Dothan, AL, here and they were so helpful with getting things done and we all had a great time with them. They blessed us so much by doing special things for the staff and coming alongside Dana and Betty to help host a women's fellowship at Ngata AGC, not to mention loving on the babies and also planting 200 banana trees on the Baby Centre farm. They were very busy while they were here. Thank you Covenant UMC team for investing your time and your hands and feet to sacrifice for the sweet little ones here.
|Blessing our staff with gifts|
|Planting banana trees|
|The group after planting banana trees|
New babies have come and some have gone home with their new forever families. Currently we have right around 65 children and have had 15 adoptions this year.
There has also been the issue of Auctioneers trying to confiscate items from the Baby Centre. The other day they hijacked one of our trucks with one of our employees inside!! We are thanking the Lord that our employee was unhurt. We now have a Stay of Execution so that they can not come and try to take anything else. This whole issue stems back well over 3 years ago and had never been resolved.
Prayers would be appreciated for the following:
- Our babies stay strong and healthy. We have had bouts with several illnesses that spread like crazy when you have so many children in one place.
- Our staff is fully engaged and ready to excel in their positions.
- Safety during in-country travels. Many of us are traveling around each day, whether close or far away, and no where is safe when driving. There is no way to accurately explain it to those of you that have not been here, but please just pray.
- Safety in our upcoming travels to the states. Also, for Dana's medical tests that will be done while there.
- A wonderful time spent with our children and family for Talia & Bryson's wedding in a few weeks.
- That the Lord would lead us and touch the hearts of many as we speak at several churches and Sunday School classes while we are in the states.
- That when we return Dan's Work Permit will be waiting for him. This is a very big prayer request.
We deeply appreciate you and your continued prayers for this ministry and for our family.